Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Recovering from Lola

This is Lola about a week before her time ran out. It's been almost 3 months since Lola has been gone. I miss her terribly but am getting on ok. I had gotten her ashes a while back and that was weird. They came in a nice cedar box that I keep in my room for now. I am not sure what to do with them and will keep them there until I figure that out. People say just get another dog. I can't, at least not yet. I have to admit becasue of the care that Lola needed I was giving up many opportunities to go and do things to be with her. I really didn't mind most of the time. She was awesome and always a great companion. I could have left her with friends or some family but I was overly protective and it didn't feel right. Now I have the opposite going on. I can go whenever I want but wish for that companionship. Life is so confusing to me. I believe my lesson to learn and has been for awhile now is acceptance to my situation and appreciating what I have while I have it. I feel like I appreciated Lola while I had her. The other thing is learning patience. I definately grew in that way. She had changed so much from a seeing dog to a blind one. She could no longer wait to go outside to go to the bathroom or for dinner or anything else she may have wanted. For her everything had to be right now. I guess what I am getting at is this little dog through some forces beyond me taught me lessons. Some of them I still am working on and may be the rest of my life. I guess that is what it is all about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home